Thursday, October 11, 2012

EGit "not authorized" error pushing changes to github using EGit

I just lost half an hour trying to push local changes to one of my GitHub repositories over HTTPS.
Despite the fact that I done this many times before and I have a proper write permissions and had specified correct username and password when cloning the repository, I was constantly receiving "not authorized" error!

It appeared that for some reason EGit ignores my credentials when performing a push over HTTPS, in particular EGit doesn't really use the credentials unless they are stored in the Eclipse "Secure Storage".

If you experience same problem, try the following:

  • click "Configure" button at the bottom of the "not authorized" error  dialog
  • click "Change" button next to URI field
  • re-type your username and password in the "Authentication" box
  • (!) set "[x] Store in Secure Store" check box

No comments:

Post a Comment